VENDOR APPLICATION & IMPORTANT INFORMATION
**Please carefully read the information below before submitting your application.**
- Event: October 12, 8:00 am – October 15, 12:00 noon, 2023
- Vending Set-up is:
- October 11, 2023, 12:00pm – 6:00pm.
- October 12, 2023, 6:00 – 7:30 am sharp.
July 1, 2023 MARCH 1, 2023!
The staff would like to thank you for your participation in our shows, which are paid admission events. In order for you to help us make these the best they can be for both attendees and vendors we have established some rules and standards. To participate in our events, you MUST observe the following:
- All work must be original, thought, design, handcrafted, created and exhibited by the approved artist. No kits or imports allowed.
- All categories shall be reviewed, juried and screened prior to the event. Only media approved during the application process should be sold.
- Displays must be professional and aesthetically pleasing. Tents are allowed and all tables MUST be covered. The goal is for your space to be professional and represent your work to its best advantage.
- Please submit early. Applying when the applications first become available is strongly recommended.
In order to be considered for any of our shows, you will need the following:
- PHOTOS OF WORK: 3 photos of your work. Please make sure these are good quality images, as you will be judged on what can be seen.
- DISPLAY PHOTO: 1 photo of your OUTDOOR display. We must see your 10×10 display with or without tent.
- JURY FEES (non-refundable): Application processing fee/jury fee per each 10×10 space is $25. If you require a 10×20 space, it is an additional $25 per space. Spaces are limited.
- ARTIST STATEMENTS: We want to know about you and your work. Please include an artist statement on all applications.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
- PROCESSING TIME: Please allow at least 4 weeks to process your application.
- CONFIRMATIONS: 90 days prior to event you will receive your confirmation or will be notified if you have been selected for our wait list. This will allow time to book lodging and any arrangements you may need to coordinate.
- WAITING LIST: Once vendors are selected, applications are still accepted for the waitlist. We will contact you as early as possible IF any spaces become available. Please keep in mind that this may be as late as 2-3 days before the show. Please ensure the block below is selected if you can or cannot work on short notice.
- CANCELLATIONS: If cancellation is made for any reason less than 60 days prior to an event, cancellations are due in writing (email preferred) FrasersRidgeVendors@gmail.com- in our office AT LEAST 60 days prior to the show date. We understand that problems arise, and everyone cancels for reasons beyond their control; however, please understand there are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule. If you cancel less than 60 days prior, you will only be considered for the wait list at our next event.
- E-MAIL: Please note that invitations, waitlist notifications, confirmations, important updates, and announcements will be posted on vendor FB page sent to you via email. Be sure to check your email account regularly.
- CATEGORIES: We only have room for 20 vendors at this time. We want to provide our attendees with a variety of period appropriate or venue theme appropriate categories. We want to avoid duplicating vendors when possible, so please apply early before a category fills up. Class givers are not guaranteed booth retail space and must also apply for booth space. We strongly recommend applying when the applications become available.
- WEATHER: All festivals are held outdoors and go on rain or shine. No credits or refunds will be issued if show is affected by forces of nature beyond our control. Please check our website or contact the office for updates on cancellations resulting from severe weather such as, hurricanes, tornados, flooding, etc. Please note, we will not cancel a show unless informed by state, city or local officials that it will be in the best interest of safety for all. If it looks like it is going to rain, we will not call a show prior to the event. It will be at the show coordinator’s discretion on site at the time.
- WAIVER OF LIABILITY: If your application is accepted, you will be required to sign and submit a Waiver of Liability.
- MARKETING: If your application is accepted, we have permission to reproduce artwork, through the photographs you have submitted, for the purpose of advertising and marketing the event. Staff also has your permission to publish photographs or videos taken of your booth, and photos of you during the event for purposes related to promotion of the event, past or future.
- Leatherwood Mountains Resort is the venue location and can be accessed via Google maps.
- All cars need to be moved to parking before 8:00 am October 12.
- Exhibitors will leave their exhibit space clean after packing up at break.
- Tear down must be complete by Sunday, October 15, at 12:00 Noon.
- Please close up shop each evening by 5:30pm. Secure all items. Fraser’s Ridge event nor Leatherwood will be responsible for theft or loss.
- Leatherwood Mountains Resort is the absolutely perfect location to host our Fraser’s Ridge Homecoming, but IT IS REMOTE!!!! Please bring your own food and snacks if you are staying in a cabin, RV, or tent. Lenoir and Wilkesboro are the closest grocery stores.
- Port-a-johns and hand sanitizing stations are provided.
- A dumpster and trash cans are onsite and are to be utilized for all trash disposal.
- There is a spigot nearby and drinking water coolers will be provided. Please bring your own water bottle to refill.
- Vending area does not have power hook-ups. No generators allowed. Solar lights are OK if needed.
- There isn’t sufficient cell service at this location to assure taking payment by cards. We are telling attendees to bring lots of cash and checks. You may take their card info and run later if the attendees agree to that.
- Chairs and tables are not provided. All tents must be anchored for safety.
- This is a ticketed event. At lunch and in the evenings, as well as various other times, there will be entertainment or other activities going on under or near the Covered Pavilion. As a vendor you will be allowed to participate from the vendor area ONLY which is located directly behind the Covered Pavilion. You can set up your chair to hear the bands in that vendor area.
- No parking or camping in the vendor area. Parking area for vendors is designated.
- No additional spectators will be allowed due to us having cast members from Outlander attending. Only approved vendors will be allowed in the vending area. We will provide specific lanyards during check in and these must be worn AT ALL TIMES.
- Tent ($15) or RV ($35) camping at Leatherwood.
- Hotels in Lenoir or Wilkesboro. Please note these locations are at least 30 minutes away and the roads are mountainous.
- Possibility of a cabin share at Leatherwood. If several vendors want to cabin share, click HERE to complete a cabin share request.
- Rentals in the vicinity through VRBO or AirBNB.
CAREFULLY READ the rules, requirements and expectations before submitting your application.
We make every attempt to review all information contained within these pages of this website and at the time of posting all information is believed to be accurate and complete. Management has final rights for interpretations and disclosure and reserves the right to change any information as it becomes necessary (i.e., parking locations, times, fees, policies, etc.). Any changes will be disclosed to parties involved as soon as they become available to us. We will make every reasonable attempt via FB page, e-mail or phone. Thank you for adhering to all our policies. They are in place to ensure a smooth process for all.
** If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Caylor 904-735-8635 or FrasersRidgeVendors@gmail.com **
EXHIBITOR RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The approved exhibitor will occupy his or her booth. NO subletting or sharing of space is permitted. No representatives are allowed. Pets are not allowed.
- TAXES – Each exhibitor is responsible for collecting the state sales tax and filing a report with the local Department of Revenue.
- An accepted application is a commitment to display your work during ALL scheduled hours of the event.
- TENTS – Exhibitors are responsible for making their tents sturdy against wind, rain etc. Staking and weighting your tent is highly suggested. Leatherwood mountains resort and staff is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen property.
- Exhibitors will occupy their assigned space. Exhibitors will NOT take up any additional space unless approved by show coordinator. ALL WORK, DISPLAY and STORAGE WILL NOT GO BEYOND THE ASSIGNED EXHIBITOR SPACE.
- Set-up and breakdown times will be strictly enforced.
- Vendor Facebook Page. The information can also be found on the Vendor Face Book page, to include map and space.
- If your application is approved, you will be required to sign a release, waiver of liability & confirmation of liability insurance which will be emailed to you for signature.